LST is an award-winning 501(c)(3) non-profit that does consumer advocacy and public education about the legal profession. Since our founding in 2009, we have made an outsized impact on law schools. We are responsible for making law schools more transparent, the ABA more active in its accreditation role, and entry to the profession a fairer process. As a result of our work, prospective law students make more informed choices about whether and where to attend law school, and law schools must face difficult choices as they confront new economic realities.
Our vision for a more transparent, affordable, and fair entry to the legal profession requires your help. You can help take LST to the next level by donating, connecting the LST staff to potential donors and influencers, joining our board, or volunteering. You can also expand LST's impact by staying informed about the changes the legal profession needs from law schools. It's an exciting time to be a part of LST—we are the go-to source for journalists, Congress is monitoring legal education developments, and law schools must adjust to the transparency era—but the good you can accomplish for the legal profession and society has just begun.
Data and Research
- What do law schools do when under financial pressure? Take unjust risks
- Who's transparent? NALP Report Database
- How much will students borrow? Debt Projections
- What's the national jobs picture? Jobs Tracker
- How far has enrollment fallen? Admissions Tracker
- How many people lose their scholarship? Conditional Scholarships Tracker