Plenty of personality assessments can tell students about their attributes, but what about the attributes that are relevant to legal career satisfaction?
The Legal Career Compass measures 22 traits that were identified through extensive academic research and focus groups with attorneys, law firms, and other legal employers. These traits are critical to success in the business and practice of law. We compare the results to a proprietary database of thousands of practicing attorneys and help students understand their fit for law.
The assessment will take about 30 minutes to complete and provide personalized insight that can help students:
- Choose where to apply and attend law school
- See law practice areas in a new or different light
- Target internship searches while providing fodder for interviews
- Be more self-aware so they can make a better impression on schools and potential employers
- Make smarter course selections before and during law school
- Have a more satisfying and rewarding career
Any college/university advisor on LST can invite students to their school's prelaw group. As members, these students will receive complimentary access to the Legal Career Compass Basic Report. Students may choose to upgrade to Legal Career Compass Premium, which includes the Law Fit report, the Career Advancement report, and a variety of toolkits aimed to help students answer Who am I?, What do I want?, and How do I get there?
College and University Upgrade
Colleges and universities may also purchase annual or multi-year subscriptions that authorize access to Legal Career Compass Premium for their students. The price depends on the number of students and year. If you're interested, please email us. Advisors at subscribing colleges and universities will receive a special advising report that provides guidance on how best to communicate with students and prepare them to face challenges associated with higher education, career choices, and career development.
Premium Report Demos
As an advisor, we automatically provide you access to your student's basic report. If your school subscribes, you can access the premium reports, including the advisor's report.
Law Fit Report
Helps you decide whether to go to law school, where to apply and attend, and what law careers fit your personality and strengths
Career Advancement Report
Helps you understand how your personality and strengths and weaknesses impact your career and professional relationships
Advising Me Insights Report
Provide this report to an advisor, mentor, professor, or anyone else who you rely on in your personal or professional life.
These reports are directed at particular developmental goals you have for yourself.
- Toolkit: Becoming a Better Leader
- Toolkit: Building Strong Professional Relationships
- Toolkit: How You See the World
- Toolkit: Improving Communication with Me
- Toolkit: Improving My Learning and Grades
- Toolkit: Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Toolkit: Solving a Personal Problem
- Toolkit: Solving a Work Problem
- Toolkit: Strengthening Personal Relationships